Vacancies announcement.

 
FREE EXCERPT

INTRODUCTION

ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) is an international finance institution established by the new Article 21 of the ECOWAS Revised Treaty as amended by the Additional Act A/SA.9/01/07 of 19 January 2007. It comprises fifteen Member States, namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote dTvoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. It has two windows, one for the promotion of the private sector and the other for the development of the public sector. Since October 10, 2011, the Bank has strengthened its capital, by increasing its capital from 600 million to 1 billion UA, about 1.5 billion USD, 70% owned by the fifteen regional Member States of ECOWAS, the remaining 30%, about $ 450 million are opened to subscription for non-regional partners. EBIDs main objective is to contribute towards the economic development of West Africa through the financing of ECOWAS and NEPAD projects and programs, notable among which are programs relating to transport, energy, telecommunications, industry, poverty alleviation, wealth creation and job promotion for the well-being of the people of the region.

ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID), based in Lome, Togolese Republic, is seeking to recruit qualified persons, who are citizens of the Community, to fill the following vacancies in the Professional staff category:

DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH AND STRATEGIC PLANNING (Grade D1-1)

Job Summary

Reporting to the Vice-President for Operations, the successful candidate will contribute to the realization of economic and strategic studies aimed at ensuring better understanding of the zone of operation of EBID and its environment. He or she will also contribute to the coherent planning and orientation of the intervention and assistance strategies of the Bank in favor of Member States.

Main Duties

* Advise the Management of the Bank on economic and strategic issues that could be relevant to the institution and the economies of the sub-region;

* Participate in the preparation of the Strategic Plan of the Bank, and in the implementation of its operational activities;

Qualifications, experience and skills

* Master's Degree or its equivalent in Economics, Finance, Strategic Planning, International Trade or any related field from a recognized university or tertiary institution;

* Minimum of twelve (12) years professional experience acquired in a consultancy firm, investment bank or in the strategic department of a company, specializing in studies and analysis of policies on development and studies on the economic conditions of the sub-region

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/PUBLIC SECTOR (Grade D1-1).

Job Summary

Reporting to the Vice-President for Operations, the successful candidate will...

To continue reading

REQUEST YOUR TRIAL