THE TINAPA FREE TRADE ZONE & RESORT is administered by the Business Resort Free Zone Company (TBRFZC), a subsidiary of Tinapa Business Resort Limited (TBRL).
The project site, measuring approximately 265 hectares of land, was on 15 August 2006 declared a Free Trade Zone, pursuant to the provisions of Section 1(1) of the Nigeria Export Processing Zones Act No. 63 of 1992.
Promoted by the Cross River State government under a Private Public Partnership (PPP), Tinapa is the realisation of a novel and exciting dream of establishing a Trade, Leisure and Entertainment hub for Africa. It has:
* Pre-built retail and wholesale accommodation amounting to an excess of 65,000[m.sup.2].
* An Open Exhibition Area for Trade Exhibitions and other events.
* An entertainment strip that comprises spaces for a casino, an eight-screen digital cinema, restaurants, a nightclub and pubs. The entertainment centre also has a functional games arcade and a mini amphitheatre.
* A man-made beach, where leisure events can be held.
* Tinapa Lakeside Hotel, a 242-room three-star hotel, managed by African Sun Hotels, one of the continent's leading hospitality managers.
* A movie production studio commonly referred to as "Studio Tinapa". It is the most modern film...