CIMA has the fastest-growing membership of all professional accountancy bodies in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, according to the institute's recently published 2005 annual review. Membership increased by four per cent worldwide last year.
The review also notes that the institute is the first professional accountancy body to outline its future plans in line with the principles of the operating and financial review.
Other key facts highlighted in the review include:
* A 70 per cent increase in the number of employer partnerships.
* An increase in reserves.
* A 79 per cent membership satisfaction rating (15 per cent of those surveyed said that the service they had received from CIMA was fair, two per cent considered it poor and four per cent made no comment).
* The development of significant relationships in China and India.
* The announcement of a centre of excellence for CPD in 2006.
* Plans to advance the boundaries of management accounting science.
To view a copy of the annual review online...