Diamond initiative.

Position:Resources - Regulations - Brief article
 
FREE EXCERPT

South Africa has introduced legislation that should see more of the rough diamonds it mines being polished and cut within the country rather than exported for value addition. The legislation will see a 5% export levy being imposed on unpolished diamonds and will seek to compel producers to sell up to 40% of their diamonds to the State Diamond Trader at what is described as 'fair market value'. The remaining 60% can...

To continue reading

REQUEST YOUR TRIAL