Anglo American takes control of De Beers.

Position::MINING - Anglo American PLC - De Beers Group S.A. - Brief article
 
FREE EXCERPT

Mining giant Anglo American took control of diamond miner De Beers following the completion of a $5.2bn deal to buy a 40% share in the business from South Africa's Oppenheimer family. The move takes Anglo's stake in De Beers - the world's largest diamond producer by revenue - from 45 to 85%. The government of Botswana, home to the group's biggest diamond mines, owns the remaining 15%...

To continue reading

REQUEST YOUR TRIAL