Vol. 12 Nbr. 2, September 2011
> SIGN UP FREE
- A real blockbuster...
- Call for works of art.
- New evidence of Rossetti's admiration for Theodor von Holst (1810-44).
- A contribution to the iconography of Maria Walpole (1736-1807): a portrait by Nathaniel Dance.
- George Wilson (1840-90) and late 19th-century landscape watercolour painting.
- New light on Nicholas Hilliard.
- Censored flesh: the wounded body as unrepresentable in the art of the First World War.
- Liotard at the Royal Academy, 1773: the enigmatic 'Dr Thomson'.
- Jacques Laurent Agasse (1767-1849): an investigation of his painting practice and an overview of his career.
- A new portrait of Mary Rogers, Lady Harington.
- Fidelity or fiction? Elizabeth Thompson's Balaclava and the art of re-construction.
- Isaac Rosenberg (1890-1918) dating problems of St Helena and Cape Town.
- Amanda Dunsmore, ed: 'This Blessed Plot, This Earth': English Pottery Studies in Honour of Jonathan Horne.
- Brian Stewart, Lynn Roberts & Paul Mitchell: Falmouth Frameworks.
- Jonathan Black: The Face of Courage. Eric Kennington, Portraiture and the Second World War.
- Rachel Campbell-Johnston: Mysterious Wisdom: The Life and Times of Samuel Palmer.
- Barry Plummer, ed: Evan Walters. Moments of Vision.
- 'Noel Paton and the Pre-Raphaelites: Scottish Collections and Connections'.
- 'John Piper in Kent and Sussex'.
- 'Art for the Nation: Sir Charles Eastlake at the National Gallery'.
- 'Court on Canvas: Tennis in Art'.
- 'World Class. The Dusseldorf School of Painting 1819-1918'.
- Johann Hasenclever (1810-53) and William Hogarth (1697-1764).
- Art world in review.