Books and Journals › Public and Administrative Law
- Art Antiquity & Law From Vol. 23 Nbr. 4, December 2018 to Vol. 23 Nbr. 4, December 2018 Institute of Art and Law, 2019
- Forum on Public Policy: A Journal of the Oxford Round Table From Nbr. 2017, June 2017 to Nbr. 2018, March 2018 Forum on Public Policy, 2018
- When the Individual Counts: Social Entrepreneurship. In the GCC, Opportunities and Obstacles by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2013
- The protection of the environment and access to patented technologies. Interpreting the TRIPS Agreement in light of the human right to health by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2013
- Public Policy Implementation. A Case Study Of Reproductive Health Service Delivery At Local Level In Nepal by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2013
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership. Development and Evaluation of Training Program Within a Culturally Diverse Population by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- The Implications of Submarine Transboundary Hydrocarbon Resources. On the Delimitation of Maritime Boundaries A Liberian Perspective by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Duties of the crew of passenger ships in emergency situations. Lessons learned from the "Estonia" and "Costa Concordia" incidents by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- The Machinery of The Administrative Justice. A Study of The Palestinian and English Judiciary by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Decentralization in Zimbabwe. Provincial Governors and Provincial Governance by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Status On The Forest Law And Policy In Bangladesh: A Case Study. The Potentialities And Constraints Of The Existing Forest Laws And Policy In Banglade by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Multiscale Hydrological Forecasting. Using Wavelet Volterra Coupled Models by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- The Synergistic Approach. Racial Discrimination and the Right to Health by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Maritime policing, a mediterranean perspective and proposal. A study on the legal framework in setting up a regional maritime police organisation by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- My Future. A proposed accounting model to determine the fair value of enterprise for privatization of the Public Sector in Egypt by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- A Farewell to Private Arms?. The UN, The Law and The Private Military Companies by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- The Bill of Lading and its function as a document of title. Italian outlook on the transport of goods by sea applicable rules by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Transportation Services and the World Trade Organisation. A Legal Study by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Engendering Visual Disability and The Human Right to Water. Interrogating the Provision of Water to Women Managing Visual Disability in Epworth and Ma by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Shortcoming of water rights doctrines. Political and social complications of shared scarce water resources by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- The exchange of ballast water, a threat to marine biodiversity. Protection of marine biodiversity Norway's possibilities to regulate the exchange of by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Competing Demands: NPM and Intelligence Led Policing. A New Zealand Case Study by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Anti-tobacco legislation. Assessment of its awareness and perception among participants and its implementation in educational institutes of Delhi by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Multimodal Transports. Multimodal Transport - The chalenge Between carriages by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- A Brief of Public Interest Litigation. Concept, Evolution, Procedure, Prospects (Focused on South Asia, particular in Bangladesh) by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Environmental Problems and Governance in Malaysia: A Case Study. Environmental Solutions Context by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Environmental Law in Higher Education in Bangladesh and Malaysia. Teaching & Research Context by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Dispute resolution in marine cargo claims. Marine Cargo Claims by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Corporate Governance. Textile Industry by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- Hospital Privileges Manual: Bylaws and Legal Issues. For Private Sector (Hospitals and Companies) by: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012
- THE PROTECTION OF CONTEMPORARY ART UNDER UK COPYRIGHT LAW.
- PLANNING FOR THE UNTHINKABLE: PROTECTING THE NATIONAL HERITAGE SECTOR: Thursday 29th November 2018, Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
- TWENTY YEARS OF THE WASHINGTON PRINCIPLES: ROADMAP FOR THE FUTURE: 26th--28th November 2018, Berlin.
- COPYRIGHT PROTECTION OF WORKS DISPLAYED IN PUBLIC PLACES: Challenges over the Freedom of Panorama Exception.
- BENIN DIALOGUE GROUP: Benin Royal Museum--Three Steps Forward, Six Steps Back.
- STATEMENT FROM THE BENIN DIALOGUE GROUP. NATIONAAL MUSEUM VAN WERELDCULTUREN, THE NETHERLANDS, 19th OCTOBER 2018.
- METHODS OF SECURING RETURNS: TOUGH STANCE OF NEW YORK DISTRICT ATTORNEY OVER ANCIENT PERSIAN ARTEFACT.
- HIDDEN TREASURE--OR NATIONAL TREASURE?
- NATIONAL IMPORTANCE: THE DECISION TO REFUSE AN EXPORT LICENCE: Heffel Gallery Ltd v. Attorney General of Canada.
- Alice Walker's Jesus: A Womanist Paradox.
- School Principal Responses to Ethical Dilemmas.
- Disappearing Feminists: Removing Critical Voices from Academe.
- Is Education a Basic Right for All? A glimpse into the Successes and Challenges in Enrolling this Marginalized Population.
- Under the Shadow of Trump: Portrayals of Undocumented Youth in Young Adult fiction from 2016-2017.
- Food for Thought: Food Insecurity in Women attending Community Colleges.
- An Exploration of Contingent Faculty Experiences at a Private, Liberal Arts College.
- Epistemic Irony in Philosophical Narrative.
- Supporting Mathematics Education in Rural Early Childhood Centers.
- A New Look at the Representations for Mathematical Concepts: Expanding on Lesh's Model of Representations of Mathematical Concepts.
- The Retooling of Betty Friedan: The New Feminist Message?
Globalization of Patent Laws through Trade Agreements, and Pressures on Ethiopia's Patent Regime: The Passenger behind the Wheel
Given that patent law emerged in domestic systems, there was an obvious diversity of patent regimes. With the advent of cross-border movement of resources, including inventions, there was a need for a harmonized patent regime. The issue went to another level with the entry into force of the WTO/TRIPS Agreement, which requires WTO members to enact new patent laws or amend existing ones to make...
The Right to Political Party Membership in Ethiopia: On the Freedom to Join and Resign
The FDRE Constitution acknowledges the right to freedom of political party membership. Similarly, the Political Parties Registration Proclamation, which regulates the details of political party membership, allows a political party member to withdraw from his/her membership at any time. The form of withdrawal, however, has become contentious. In Unity for Justice and Democracy Party -versus- Blue...
Constitutional Adjudication by Parliaments: Lessons from Comparative Experience
This article explores historical experiences in France and Brazil and the contemporary constitutional set-up in China where parliaments are empowered to adjudicate constitutional issues. It also identifies the lessons thereof for the constitutional design in Ethiopia. Comparison among three legal regimes has been made with regard to the rationales and contexts under which legislative or non-legisl
Res Nullius vs. Res Communis in Matters of Communal Lands of Smallholder Farmers in Ethiopia
Communal land is among the key factors in the enhancement of rural livelihood because it enables mixed farming practices. Although communal lands are prime sources of livelihood in rural farming communities, empirical evidence shows gaps in their legal recognition and protection in Ethiopia. There are encroachments which include government intrusion, informal land sale, distribution, and handing...
The Influence of the UN Watercourses Convention on the Development of the Nile River Basin Cooperative Framework Agreement (CFA)
The 1997 UN Watercourses Convention has influenced the development of many bilateral and multilateral international water agreements. There is ongoing debate on the extent to which the Watercourses Convention has influenced the Nile River Basin Cooperative Framework Agreement (CFA). In this article, the author examines the interface between Watercourses Convention and CFA on some of the most...
Challenges of Ethnic Representation in Ethiopia and the Need for Reform
Although the Ethiopian federal dispensation legitimizes political participation based on ethnic identity, the arrangement, both through design and political practice, has led to the skewed representation of ethnic groups. The article examines these challenges and argues that in addition to the existing electoral system, difficulties pertaining to the holding of free and fair elections, ethnic...
Declaration of Principles on the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam: Some Issues of Concern
The Nile Basin has long been noted as a potential flashpoint for resource conflict on account of the prevalence of inequitable water utilization and acrimonious inter-riparian relations. The basin’s proneness to conflict has been exacerbated by the absence of an inclusive legal and institutional framework governing the utilization and management of its meager water resources. Unilateralism and...
- Index: Mizan Law Review (Vol. 1 to 10)
Rethinking Plea Bargaining Policy: The Case of Ethiopia
This article examines the desirability of plea bargaining in Ethiopia focusing on its policy justifications as encapsulated under the 2011 FRDE Criminal Justice Policy. Emphasizing upon the specific contexts of Ethiopia, the article analyzes policy documents, laws and comparative literature. The policy relies on the traditional rationales of plea bargaining. However, most of the elements in the...
Comment: Legal Issues regarding the NBE Guideline on Diaspora-Owned Shares in Banks
This comment examines the legality of Guideline No. FIS/01/2016 issued by the National Bank of Ethiopia (on November 1st, 2016) regarding the relinquishing of shares in banks owned by foreign nationals of Ethiopian origin. It is argued that at the time of the auction, an Ethiopian born foreign national remains to be the owner of the share unless it is proved that ownership is acquired...